Email address - information is unknown

RDurham151
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. The person that set-up our account for a non-profit is deceased. We are working on getting everything changed over. My question is the primary email address -- do I need to know where this resides? I know the email address, but I do not know the password or how it was created. I get automatic emails to my personal email from this paypal primary address, how is that done? I am not listed in the paypal system.  Should we create a NEW primary email address and replace this one?  I do hope this makes sense.  The deceased person's family has deactivated her personal emails.  My thinking is that they are not aware of the special one that she created for our paypal system for donations to the non-profit.  Please ask me questions if you need more information.  Thank you in-advance for your input.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to phone PayPal support.  This is a legal issue and you need instructions from PayPal for a solution.  The account is NOT your account, so you really don't have authority to access the account.  You may need some legal documents that would require PayPal to help.

Login to Me Too

RDurham151
Contributor
Contributor

My questions about the email address.  This is a non-profit group and not an account owned by one person.  We are working as an organization to change the data.  I would like information about the email address -- anyway that I can determine where it resides?  We are in the process of submitting the legal documents (issue with uploading the files), so that will be taken care of soon.  However, once that is done do we create a NEW email address for our organization and forget about this primary email address?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The PERSON responsible for organization will need to open the account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

some ISP will forward any emails if you state so.

As for the non profit Paypal account,if you know the password ,you can go in and make changes,if you dont know the password ,does her family know?

then you may need a lawyer to speak to Paypal ?

someone may come along and tell you more,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.