Can't add money to PayPal account from bank account even though everything is verified

Jochildress20
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified all the necessary requirements for my PayPal account, and I have both a bank account and a debit card verified and confirmed with my PayPal account.

With all that in mind, I wanted to add some money to my PayPal account from my linked and confirmed bank account. I get to the point of confirming the amount that I want to transfer over to PayPal, and it is always coming up with an error message that just says "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

I have contacted PayPal through email, and they just gave me a list of things on how to add money to my account using a verified bank account. I already know how to do that because that's what I'm trying to do. I click "ADD MONEY", type in my desired amount, confirm which bank account I want to withdraw from, and hit "ADD TO YOUR BALANCE". This is when the aforementioned error message pops up. 

The vagueness is what's really irritating to me. I did everything right. My bank status is confirmed. My visa card is linked up to my PayPal. All of my contact information is present and validated. What the heck am I missing???

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor
It is USELESS to contact Customer Support. I did that repeatedly, and reached multiple CLUELESS people who seemed to be all reading from the same script. They would give me the same answers that told me to try things I had already done. Then they would tell me that it didn't matter, because I could just wait for the money to be transferred from my account after I ordered a payment. I would tell them EXPLICITLY that the delay would cause my subscriptions to get canceled and that I wanted to make sure that I had money in the account, and they would repeat their scripted and worthless advice.
Login to Me Too

renardv
Contributor
Contributor
Day 3 I attempted to add funds to no avail and followed the prompts to contacted PayPal support. I was put on hold for 20+ (I believe I was disconnected by the PayPal IVR system). After calling back the consultant and the supervisor was unable to determine why there was an issue in adding funds to my account. Again it appears have not been provided the required information to do their job. Reading Bungee’s post form 03-15-2017 and the advice PayPal provided on day one of attempting to add funds – I attempted to log onto PayPal with a different service provider (IP address). In my case I logged in on the work computer connected to my office via VPN. As with Bungee’s experience – I am able to add funds from a different service provider/IP address. I was then advised that PayPal security system tracks the IP address and changing IP addresses “Can” trigger the security system. It looks like my home IP address has been black listed and the PayPal supervisor was unable to remove my home IP address from the PayPal black list. Outcome I have lost 2 and a half hours of my life I will never get back and if you have issues with PayPal blocking some of their features with random error messages – then before contacting PayPal support - try connecting to the internet with a new IP address (different service provider) before trying again - as your IP address may be on the PayPal black listed like mine.
Login to Me Too

phlyter

I've had this problem a few times.  Both on Windows and Mac computers using different browsers and different anti-virus (or, on the Macs, no anti-virus), and going through support got me nowhere.  Each time, eventually and randomly, I was able to add funds.

Adding funds through their mobile app, on the other hand, is no problem at all.  So, that's my solution.   

Login to Me Too

Chwriting

I think I have the fix for this issue, as I've had the same problem. Check your anti-virus settings! I run Avast with various shields and blockers that were preventing me from adding funds to paypal from a bank account. On Avast, you can choose to temporarily disable the shields -- once I did this I was able to add funds just fine. 

I'm not a computer expert so I couldn't tell you why the settings let me log into paypal but don't allow transfers. I can only tell you this solved my problem. Hope it solves yours too.

Login to Me Too

PNW1
Contributor
Contributor

That seems like a fluke of timing, since once you're in the browser, anti-virus apps shouldn't care unless it's trying to load some bizarre popup.

Login to Me Too

Shesu
New Community Member

Instead of trying a different network connection, aka IP address, I just used a "Private Window" in my browser. Clearing your browsing history will do it too.

Come to find out, they needed additional ID confirmation, but the notification wasn't showing up until I did the above.

Hopefully that did the trick... but now I get to wait 2 more business days to find out if it worked. 😞

Login to Me Too

Tim_35
New Community Member

I had this same problem, got the same error and the same spill from paypal. I tried using chrome same issue, i tried using explorer same issue, YET when i use the app on my phone and transfere the exactly same way it works? Go figuer? 

Try using the paypal app on your phone, and see if this works. Worked for me after almost giving up 

Login to Me Too

sackboy1

Solution that worked for me:
I had this problem and I managed to resolve it by turning off my vpn and logging in using my home ip address.

My personal opinion:

I don't know why the mods and customer service reps have been so unhelpful and have posted generic responses as solutions. The ip address flagging is very stupid because I use two step verification to login.

Login to Me Too

Davefenix
It was only working from the app since last months, but it's not working anymore 😠
Login to Me Too

Temp20220727as
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here, everything all verified, I'm fully ready and excited to become an ebay user this late in life. My first go at transferring a hundred dollars to my paypal and it wont let me do it, not on my phone, not on my laptop, not on my office computer at work. Come on poopal, dont you want my money? I noticed in the help prompt when you type your problem in, i typed about how i couldn't add funds and oooohhh suprise suprise! Zero results came up. Worded it differently, zero results again. So it seems like you dont want to help because i can see via our good friend Google that this is happening to hundreds of people? So poo-pal, are you going to help or do i have to make a stupid phone call to some foreign country at my expense? Calm down you say, well you're not the one that has been trying to one simple effing thing on paypal for 9 HOURS
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.