Can't add money to PayPal account from bank account even though everything is verified

Jochildress20
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified all the necessary requirements for my PayPal account, and I have both a bank account and a debit card verified and confirmed with my PayPal account.

With all that in mind, I wanted to add some money to my PayPal account from my linked and confirmed bank account. I get to the point of confirming the amount that I want to transfer over to PayPal, and it is always coming up with an error message that just says "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

I have contacted PayPal through email, and they just gave me a list of things on how to add money to my account using a verified bank account. I already know how to do that because that's what I'm trying to do. I click "ADD MONEY", type in my desired amount, confirm which bank account I want to withdraw from, and hit "ADD TO YOUR BALANCE". This is when the aforementioned error message pops up. 

The vagueness is what's really irritating to me. I did everything right. My bank status is confirmed. My visa card is linked up to my PayPal. All of my contact information is present and validated. What the heck am I missing???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Jochildress20,

That definitely sounds strange. Go ahead and try adding those funds through the following link: http://www.paypal.com/addfunds. If you continue to receive this same error message, I recommend reaching out to our customer support teams at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook so we can investigate this matter further.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Jochildress20,

That definitely sounds strange. Go ahead and try adding those funds through the following link: http://www.paypal.com/addfunds. If you continue to receive this same error message, I recommend reaching out to our customer support teams at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook so we can investigate this matter further.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Steven_K
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue.  The Add Money to PayPal account has generated an error message, within a red box that says to "contact us," every time I have tried to add money from my verified checking account. I am longtime PayPal user, my bank accounts are all verified but now I cannot even add any amount, not even as little as $50, to my PayPal account without getting the exact same error message.  

To follow up, your advice does not work at all.  Using http://www.paypal.com/addfunds. generates the exact same error message when adding funds and calling to speak to a PayPal rep. has proved to be a fruitless waste of time because PayPal representatives are not allowed to access the information concerning the underlying reason on why bank transactions (Add Money) end up being blocked on the PayPal account.  Each PayPal representative will tell you the same thing that they "don't know why the transaction is being blocked", "for security purposes" they are "not allowed to access the underlying reason on why the block & error message are occurring when adding funds," and "you should try again after 24 hours."   You could spend every day of the year trying to "Add Money" to your paypal account and every day get the same Paypal error message.  PayPal cannot fix this.

PayPal has created an imperfect system where PayPal has zero ability to fix this problem.   So my advice is to "sprinkle fairy dust on your computer" and "wish upon a star" to get your PayPal  account to Add Money from a your verified bank account.  My above advice is equally just as helpful as PayPal solutions on how to fix this problem.  

Login to Me Too

J999R
Contributor
Contributor

I agree totally with OP on this one, my experiences were identical and so were the three times I called Paypal for help.  There is apparently nothing they can do about it at this level.  They don't even have a clue as to what to do about it.  I'll reserve my negative complaints about Paypal until I exhaust finding any remedies through using outside help because you won't find it through Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, with the same frustration when trying to deal with customer service.  The service representative kept reading the same script to me, telling me what I already knew before I called.  Her voice was nearly impossible to understand because of what seemed to be a faulty VOIP connection, and she had trouble hearing me.  I got no useful answers from her.  

Being able to put funds into my account is essential for what I use the account for --- paying media subscription services that (stupidly) won't take annual payments but insist (idiotically) on monthly small payments.  If those monthly payments are delayed for bank transfers, my subscriptions get interrupted, and I have to go through a whole lot of hassle to fix them.  So PayPal is messing up my life with this rotten service.  

It is particularly infuriating to get the run-around from every venue that PayPal claims will respond to problems, and believe me, I have been trying all the opportunities they offer for complaining.

And now, PayPal won't let me tag this comment with "stup*d"

Login to Me Too

mpandori

This is not a solution.

I too have EXACTLY the same problem.  I called PayPal and was told by Service Rep #1 that she did not know why it was happening and could not find an answer. She passed me to Service Rep #2 and they put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back, and asked me why i wanted to add money to my account.  I asked for her manager and was passed to #3.  He told me that "wow, I did not know this what I am about to tell you, but we have a new feature for your account and it is called Balance Manager".  He explained that it allowed one to add money on a schedule to their account, but that one could no longer do the regular "Add money" function.

I found this very weird, and upsetting.  I told him it was weird that PayPal never told me about the cancellation of the function, and that in fact, the function to Add Funds is still active, and just gives an error message, and that it was amazing it took me to get to the third level of Customer Service to find this out.   I just checked again, and the function for me to Add Funds is still in my account and it still doesn't work.   And given that we are only a few people here complaining about it, I think that many people may still be Adding Funds the old fashioned way and not through Balance Manager.  

So this is infuriating.   How is someone supposed to suddenly add an amount different from their Balance Manager if they want to make a purchase??

Something very weird is going on here and PayPal is not being clear about it.

Login to Me Too

Josephm0
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem and I am also getting the same 'runaround" about not knowing why and them doing away with adding funds- I am a business owner and run my business with funds I transfer from my bank account to my Paypal acct, please someone help 

Login to Me Too

spirulinadave
New Community Member

Try adding less money, as there might be a limit on withdrawal on your bank's end. i couldn't add $9K, but i was able to add $3K. i then couldn't add it again, but that might be a bank daily limit.

Login to Me Too

Theh
Contributor
Contributor
How do you get to the balance manager to transfer money?
Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor

This did NOT work.  I am furious with PayPal for how this is being handled.  I spent a long time trying to add funds to my account yesterday and got a total run-around from customer service -- made much more aggravating by the lousy VOIP connection that made the representative almost impossible to understand and then left her not able to hear my replies, so she hung up.  She just kept reading from a script that was not relevant to what I wanted, telling me things I already knew.  I see from the earlier questions in this thread that PayPal has been getting identical complaints for months and is doing NOTHING to address them.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.