Can't add money to PayPal account from bank account even though everything is verified

Jochildress20
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified all the necessary requirements for my PayPal account, and I have both a bank account and a debit card verified and confirmed with my PayPal account.

With all that in mind, I wanted to add some money to my PayPal account from my linked and confirmed bank account. I get to the point of confirming the amount that I want to transfer over to PayPal, and it is always coming up with an error message that just says "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

I have contacted PayPal through email, and they just gave me a list of things on how to add money to my account using a verified bank account. I already know how to do that because that's what I'm trying to do. I click "ADD MONEY", type in my desired amount, confirm which bank account I want to withdraw from, and hit "ADD TO YOUR BALANCE". This is when the aforementioned error message pops up. 

The vagueness is what's really irritating to me. I did everything right. My bank status is confirmed. My visa card is linked up to my PayPal. All of my contact information is present and validated. What the heck am I missing???

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Temp20220727as
Contributor
Contributor
Update. Deleted confirmed account and reconfirmed. Still wont work. Tried 50 million times and nothing. If you were a person poopal, i would punch you in the face for wasting three days of my life for nothing. AND give me back my 2 dollars that you took for card confirmation. You said you would give it back as soon as its confirmed. That was 2 days ago. You're crooks as well as time wasters.
Login to Me Too

Lorisor
Contributor
Contributor

I think I already know the 'Underlying Problem' which is kind of like a paradoxical problem.  The issue is that there's an insistent phrase "You don't need to put money from your bank into your paypal to use paypal."

What this does is create an issue when you just want the funds in your paypal for one personal reason or another.

Instead of outright just saying "You can't transfer from your bank to paypal anymore" they give you a run around and pretend that there's a fixable problem when there really isn't

Not everyone has a CVS or whatever other Oddly Specific store that can scan the PAYPAL CASH barcode.

It might just be that BANKS are adopting other 'Transfer' methods that conflicts with paypal and instead of saying this may be the problem they say "For Security Reasons---" I dunno, but just judging by what I've seen I can forget about even trying to get help for myself and find some other obnoxious way of getting money into my paypal from my linked bank.

Login to Me Too

PNW1
Contributor
Contributor

@Lorisorwrote:

I think I already know the 'Underlying Problem' which is kind of like a paradoxical problem.  The issue is that there's an insistent phrase "You don't need to put money from your bank into your paypal to use paypal."

What this does is create an issue when you just want the funds in your paypal for one personal reason or another.

Instead of outright just saying "You can't transfer from your bank to paypal anymore" they give you a run around and pretend that there's a fixable problem when there really isn't

Not everyone has a CVS or whatever other Oddly Specific store that can scan the PAYPAL CASH barcode.

It might just be that BANKS are adopting other 'Transfer' methods that conflicts with paypal and instead of saying this may be the problem they say "For Security Reasons---" I dunno, but just judging by what I've seen I can forget about even trying to get help for myself and find some other obnoxious way of getting money into my paypal from my linked bank.

The fact that many people can/could do bank > "Wallet" transfers via their phone app casts doubt on a tricky-wording theory. I just see that as them wanting to make external payments easier, not a conspiracy to pretend bank > Wallet is perfectly functional. I could be wrong, but I think that level of cleverness would be applied to actually fixing the problem instead of trying to pull a sneaky move on all these people!

Somebody, somewhere must know at least one root cause. People should be naming specific banks they're having trouble with, as it might have a lot to do with institution settings. A relative of mine is having this issue with Wells Fargo, for instance. They can't do a bank > Wallet transfer with any browser or mobile app so far, and only set it up within the past week.

Login to Me Too

Lorisor
Contributor
Contributor

@PNW1wrote:

@Lorisorwrote:

I'd call that an interesting theory but not a proven one. Surely they'd not be vague after knowing of the issue for at least 2 years? The fact that many people can/could do bank > "Wallet" transfers via their phone app also casts doubt on a tricky-wording theory.

Perhaps, but just as they surely wouldn't be vague after knowing for 2 years, there's no way absolutely NOTHING could be done in that same amount of time.  "For Security Reasons---" sounds suspiciously like they know SOMETHING but cannot say.  The phone app, much like other apps that extend from websites, work differently in that it may be possible on the phone app because of how the app operates.  Similarly how there's a bank app that allows you to cash a check simply by taking a picture front and back but, as far as I know, there's no desktop equivalent.

You're right though, I can't prove it and it really is just a theory.

Login to Me Too

PNW1
Contributor
Contributor

I'd edited my original reply to you but the gist is the same. Yes, it has the feel of a "cover-up" but one must never assume malice when ignorance or ineptitude are the simpler explanations! (Occam's Razor)

If some programmer at PayPal would jump in on this thread, clarity might be had. Customer service people can't be expected to know much beyond their generic replies. Venting should be saved for those who fail to give them updated info. Someone, somewhere knows something. 

Login to Me Too

hdblack
Contributor
Contributor

My account worked fine with transfers from my bank, but my account went dormant for several months and I tried a transfer from my bank during march 2018 and it failed. Contacted Paypal and they informed me that my bank had refused the transfer request. Strange, since it once worked and now it does not. Contacted my bank and they could not find any issues. I was baffeled and then I checked the IP address of the PayPay server I was connected to and discovered that it was in Amsterdam! My bank does not allow transactions from a foreign IP. Why is a US financial service hosted in Europe? I bet it is to save money. How do you feel about your service being hosted in Europe?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.