Can't add money to PayPal account from bank account even though everything is verified

Jochildress20
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified all the necessary requirements for my PayPal account, and I have both a bank account and a debit card verified and confirmed with my PayPal account.

With all that in mind, I wanted to add some money to my PayPal account from my linked and confirmed bank account. I get to the point of confirming the amount that I want to transfer over to PayPal, and it is always coming up with an error message that just says "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

I have contacted PayPal through email, and they just gave me a list of things on how to add money to my account using a verified bank account. I already know how to do that because that's what I'm trying to do. I click "ADD MONEY", type in my desired amount, confirm which bank account I want to withdraw from, and hit "ADD TO YOUR BALANCE". This is when the aforementioned error message pops up. 

The vagueness is what's really irritating to me. I did everything right. My bank status is confirmed. My visa card is linked up to my PayPal. All of my contact information is present and validated. What the heck am I missing???

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

lizzzi

I will have to cancel my Paypal account because of their stupidity.  Paypal used to be so easy to use, now it is IMPOSSIBLE.  All I want to do is add money to my account from my verified bank and I am not allowed.  That's CRAZY!!!  What good is Paypal???  Now they send me an email to Activate my account.  Are they kidding???

Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal offered me the opportunity to complete a survey about my experience commenting in this user forum, but it's a self-serving survey that doesn't separate the usefulness of user content (good, because it told me I wasn't the only one with this problem and that PayPal was giving everyone the same scripted and unhelpful response) and PayPal's own contributions to the forum's structure and content, which would all rate a zero if they would ask how I felt about them.
Login to Me Too

Bungee
Contributor
Contributor
This solution is useless. It does NOT work. The only workaround I have found is to add the funds using a smartphone (Chrome browser) instead of the laptop.
Login to Me Too

Jmoorewof
Had the same exact problem and your link sent me to a new page but I was told "cannot add funds at this time", when trying to confirm. I would try the "add cash at a store" options as there are participating vendors all around me, but I fear there would be some mix up and the cash would disappear.
Login to Me Too

fritz80

This is not a solution so shouldn't be marked as it, also after reading all replies seems like it doesn't make sense for paypal to add balance to an account, if that is the case just remove the functionality, there's no point on having and advertising a functionality that doesn't work. 

Login to Me Too

Serg1
It's not working. Many people have this issue and PayPal just ignore it. This is potential issue for all customers.
Login to Me Too

arronmark
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there Ashley_P,

Maybe you should read some of the comments before giving useless and uneducated feedback. The link that you have provided is the usual way that one would 'add money' to his or her account.
Your response is a waste of time,
I will be adding this to my furthering complaint.
Login to Me Too

BlackGanth
Contributor
Contributor
I tried going to that page and it still didn't work for me. It did give a different message that said "can't add funds at this time." Really starting to get annoyed I can't get PayPal to do what it's supposed to do.
Login to Me Too

MQMCleaning
Still didn't work!!!
Login to Me Too

Biscuit2

I't didn't work for me it gave me the same message again 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.