Bad instrument

jrodrigu8
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot get my account to link to my bank. After entering the routing number and account number, it comes up instrument is currently marked bad. I see I am not the only one, but I don't see any replies to the other posts on this. I bank with SunTrust
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Make sure your numbers are correct.

What type of account are you trying to link?

Make sure you are using a computer with best browser.

PayPal does work well with SunTrust.

Login to Me Too

jrodrigu8
Contributor
Contributor
I will try again. Its just a personal checking account. I see my SunTrust logo pop up, but I then it's the bad instrument. Was using my Android phone. I'll try on my tablet.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Use a computer!

Login to Me Too

TheGman753
Contributor
Contributor
I've had this issue recently too I had set up a savings account under the Navy Federal Credit Union and it connected it first and then I added a checking account under the same bank it got rid of the savings account and when I added the savings account again it said it was a bad instrument despite using the same account and routing numbers as I had before
Login to Me Too

BlueBoyCustoms
New Community Member
Don’t use the microwave! Just as helpful...
Login to Me Too

BlueBoyCustoms
New Community Member
If you have a prepaid bank card, even through a financial institution like Sun Trust, it’s almost guaranteed not compatible with PayPal. The account must be a proper checking and/or savings account. Chase Liquid cards will not work either even though I have a valid account and routing number.
Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone been able to add their/a TCF Checking Account information (and have/make it work as a linked Bank Account) with/for PayPal without getting an error of some sort (such as Bad Instrument,etc.)?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.