1650 euros stuck in paypal...

FelishiaKitty
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I already put the most of my money left into paypal as I needed to buy some gears and equipment for the winter; however I don't have a credit card and don't plan on taking the hassle of getting one which can take quite a while, specially with my bank, I sent them my ID details, and my debit card (was) linked (I removed it out of being **bleep**), as well as my bank account, but the account remains limited and I wasn't told until now that I got a notification that my account was limited, how the **bleep** was I supposed to know? the account says it won't do anything until I give it a credit card I don't have, and I can't do any transaction or withdraw my money, I need that money before winter takes off which has already started, so that means I need my funds available for tomorrow, I am in a hurry.

I feel scammed, somehow they let me put money in but don't allow me to take it off or buy anything; I am completely stuck now, I can't do anything and I am out of money; I need that money back into my bank account, I am trying to contact them, still waiting for a reply but I am getting worried.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FelishiaKitty

To send or spend funds in your paypal account you need to verify that paypal account first with a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FelishiaKitty
Contributor
Contributor

I was spending and making payments before this came out of nowhere, where am I supposed to get a credit card overnight, I provided them with a debit card as they asked for a "CARD" they never specified which kind or card, and allowed me to buy with no problems until now; now I can't even get my money back, and I'll have to talk with my bank to somehow recover it... what?!

Login to Me Too

FelishiaKitty
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/fi/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-faq1565

It literally says there that I can use a debit card to confirm my paypal account.

Aaaah but looking at the webpage....

https://imgur.com/a/LC8U1

I think this is a bug in paypal itself, I think it is actually working but recognizing my card as a credit card somehow because of a language issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.