random security check

megabigd
Contributor
Contributor

every time i try to log in, its asking me for my full bank account number. this can't be right. happen to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

megabigd
Contributor
Contributor

says its a random security measure. sounds fishy since its pay pal credit and i dont use a bank account with it.

Login to Me Too

ducklings
New Community Member

yes i can get into my pay pal account by going directly to the site. thats how i got here. but when i tried to make a purchase on ebay i got a request much like yours wanting my full account number and address info. it looked official but no padlelock symbol on the pg. so i went to snopes and saw emails have been used to direct peeps to fake sites pretending to be paypal but are realy scams. but when i go into my account here on the actual paypal site it saysi ned to update my account info and change my password. i think ill wait til biz hrs and givethem a call because i just dont know how to fix this so i can use my account to complete my putchase. the fraud sites i checked talked more about emails but where this ison the site maybe its legit. i just dont know.

Login to Me Too

megabigd
Contributor
Contributor

yeah let me know how that goes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.