cant find hosted button id?

rgaets
New Community Member

hey i cant find the hosted button id in the code it generates. i even took the code protection off and still cant find it please help me

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The "hosted_button_id" variable is only available when you use the online button creator to generate "hosted" item button code.  In Step 2 of the process, you must save the code to the PayPal Servers, there's a Check Box for that option.

If you don't, when you generate the code, there is no "hosted_button_id".  The code will be encrypted and you also have the option to remove the encryption.

Login to Me Too

rgaets
New Community Member

i did use the online paypal button generator

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The "hosted_button_id" variable is only available when you use the online button creator to generate "hosted" item button code.  In Step 2 of the process, you must save the code to the PayPal Servers, there's a Check Box for that option.

If you don't, when you generate the code, there is no "hosted_button_id".  The code will be encrypted and you also have the option to remove the encryption.

Did you save the code to the PayPal Servers or not?  

If no, the "hosted_button_id" variable is not used, it won't be there.  What you will see is the "business" variable instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.