Where is button for Classic Site?

calicokity
Contributor
Contributor

I always went to the bottom left side and clicked on Classsic Site to find things not on the other site. It's not there today! Did they take it off?  The Classic site is so much quicker and easy to use. I hope it is just a mess up and will be back soon.

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Psilobite
Contributor
Contributor

PegasusSupreme's URL worked for me. I had to be logged in first (to the *new*) site. I then pasted the URL into the browser address bar and pressed enter, and the classic site history page appeared.

Note that PayPal will eventually probably take this away. It seems the huge trend nowadays is to "dumb everything down" to make sites look and feel like a tablet or phone app. It may be easier and show the information you *usually* want to see quicker, but it takes away utility, usefulness, and that results in a frustrating, non-userfriendly experience.

Login to Me Too

slaberge
Contributor
Contributor

@PegasusSupreme wrote:
https://www.paypal.com/signin?returnUri=http%3A%2F%2Furi.paypal.com%2FWeb%2FWeb%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwebscr%3... That's the link I use for classic site. You may have to hit refresh

Wow. That actually took me to the history page that works... sort of. Sometimes it will display my selected date range, but sometimes (half or more?) I get the "Fatal Error" (or Fatal something) page. If I do more than one month at a time, or if I select a range that requires more than one page to display, I can't look at page two without the Fatal page. What a mess!

Login to Me Too

Peaceland
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't work anymore... someone at tech support was supposed to email me with a way to do it...

No gots.

Very frustrating!

I have a lot of bookkeeping to do.

Login to Me Too

Peaceland
Contributor
Contributor

Please, just put the button back on the page and let us use it again. Simple. Done. End of Story. Leave it (and US) ALONE - we are trying to get some work done here!

Peace

Login to Me Too

tuttifruity11
Contributor
Contributor

page no longer exists if you click on your link 

Login to Me Too

4ever40
Contributor
Contributor

If you are still trying to find PayPal's Classic Site, try the the link that PegasusSupreme posted. It worked for me.

Login to Me Too

hbk22
New Community Member

This worked for me - thanks!

Login to Me Too

ricardonaud

Kudos to the guy who posted the link:

https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

it still works!! Thank you sir, you saved my life! Shame on you paypal for not even warning us you are retiring report for old activity.

Login to Me Too

Gillie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You have enabled me to sort out a problem that Paypal customer services just didn't understand or couldn't give me a proper answer to. When looking at the classic site I could see for myself in a few seconds! (Like I used to!)

Login to Me Too

fayjunz
New Community Member

This helps. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.