Upgrading account

felisconcolor
Contributor
Contributor

Atfer reading a couple of other posts, let me add that my address and account is in the USA. I have a verified Personal account with PayPal, and would like to upgrade it to a premier Account. When i clicked the upgrade link on my account page, I was sent to the Business Account set up. What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not sure, perhaps something has changed.

When you click on the Upgrade link, you should be seeing something similar to this:

Premier accounts include all the benefits of a Personal account. You also have the ability to:

• Accept all payment types for low fees
  • Set up your PayPal Shopping Cart
  • Access exclusive, professional customer service seven days a week
  • Be identified as a Premier account in your reputation pop-up box

Business accounts include all the benefits of Premier accounts. In addition, you can:

• Do business easily and affordably with our low-cost merchant account
  • Operate under your business name
  • Generate reports, financial statements and download settlement file
  • Use eBay Tools
  • Provide multiple employees with limited access to your account
  • Get paid from buyers without PayPal accounts

Sounds like you're not.  Suggest that you follow-up with customer support with your concerns, they should be able to advise. 

You can contact customer support via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

felisconcolor
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't get a choice. It was just Business Account Set up. I have sent an email to support. Hopefully, I'll get more than a canned reply. I would call, but guess what:: ATT is experiencing a phone outage in my area.

I do appreciate your response. I'm a long time PayPal user who thought he would never need to accept payments. Never is a very long time, and I should know that by now.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Let us know what customer service tells you as this may be beneficial to others.

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

felisconcolor
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

Let us know what customer service tells you as this may be beneficial to others.

Smiley Happy

I still have not heard back from PayPal Support, but here is what I finally stumbled on.

(1) On the PayPal site, I asked "How do I sign up for a PayPal Account?"

(1a) I seem to remember that the choices were Personal or Business on the next screen. I chose Personal.

(2) I was directed to a screen which had a signup for a Personal or a Premier Account.

(3) Above the Premier box was a yellow notatation "Already have an Account? Update"

(4) I chose the update option, logged in, selected Premier, and my account was instantly updated.

I must have wasted a couple of hours reading FAQs and following links. Using those four step took about  30 seconds, or less. I hope this helps. The process is incredibly unintuitive.

Login to Me Too

dsj7419
New Community Member

I just wanted to reply to this, and it was the most help i've seen on this problem. Unfortunately the way you explained is gone as well.

Here's how I did it:

I googled "paypal premier account"

Top link should take you there, and inside that there is a premier account link

From there on the right-middle you can see "already have account? Upgrade now"

Click that, sign in and the option to upgrade to premier will be there..

What a pain!

Login to Me Too

Thx
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Dsj7419...this is repeat of yours with a link.

Go to this page: Sign up for PayPal

On the right just above the text that reads "PayPal for business and nonprofits", there is text that reads "Already have a PayPal account? Upgrade now." Click on the "Upgrade now".

That will take you to a screen that allows you select Premier or Business.

Jim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.