Unauthorized automatic withdrawals from PP to bank account - how to stop them?

vargur
New Community Member

Hi. I am in Lithuania, my bank account is linked to PP, and I was easily withdrawing funds from PP to that account until about one week ago. All of a sudden, the usual withdrawal form disappeared, and every time I click Withdraw, PP suggests me to add bank account in the USA. So, once. being in urgent need of cash, I withdrew to credit card.

However, from that day on, PayPal is withdrawing every amount in Euro that appears on my account when a buyer pays in Euro. It has withdrawn 3 times, including very small amounts. My bank charges every transfer, so I am losing money for nothing.

I searched the settings thinking I have somehow marked something that makes withdrawals automatic,- found nothing like that. Moreover, I found on FAQ pages a clear statement: PayPal will never withdraw funds from your account without your request.

Well, but it DOES send my funds to bank even when I do not visit my PP at all!

Has anyone encountered such problem?

I contacted PayPal without any response. All they do is send links to "related" topics, but there is no topic related to this issue in any way. How can I stop these automatic withdrawals?

Note: this is no theft, at least the first withdrawn amount has really reached the right account; other 2 are hanging in the air probably because Saturday-Sunday, and will probably arrive to my account tomorrow. Money goes to the right place, but I NEVER asked to do it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sabina_Angelia
Contributor
Contributor

You may have scheduled of payments that you accidentally click.Try to call Paypal.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

check your Paypal personal profile -like the others said,you may have activated a feature of transferring fund to your credit card,although I have never heard of a feature like you described?

review all the options in your profile,did you change anything like address,country you reside in?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.