Unable to close an account, change the country, remove email addresses, remove linked credit cards

Shadow_Nirvana
Contributor
Contributor

So hi.

Some while ago, I created an account by using my main email adress. But being the fool I am, I created it in US instead of the country I live in. I tried to close it but couldn't verify it, so couldn't close it. Some time passed by, I got a debit card, I remembered my Paypal account. So I linked this card to the account, thinking that if I could use it to verify my account, I could close it and open a correct one.

Even though I linked and confirmed my debit card, my account is still limited. I can't change or remove my email adress(no "remove" button), I can't remove my credit card (no "remove" button), I can't change my country, I can't close my account. I can't even enter the community even though I did all the things the main page told me to(changed my security questions and passwords). I am posting from an account I just opened.

So what can I do? I tried the "Contact us" but they just sent me sections of the Help section.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you can't "verify" an account with just a card alone. 

As we are a member to member help group, no one here has access to user info or details.  Only customer support can help with issues such as this.  Suggest calling them direct for assistance, they should be able to help you out.

Login to Me Too

Shadow_Nirvana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks. Unfortunately I can't call them for very long (very expensive call ratings) and they wont answer my emails correctly. They just send generic "Check this section out" sort of emails. Is there any other way of contacting them? Like live chat maybe?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Only via email or phone.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi Shadow_Nirvana,

You can also contact PayPal Customer Service via social media on Twitter and Facebook. 🙂

- Dustin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.