UAE Debit Card

waseemdxb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Somehow after a lot of googling and search on this forum, I still need to open a new thread on this topic.

I am based in the UAE and have a debit card issued by StanChart which I want to link with my paypal account. But my visa debit card has no CVN on its back, part of which is needed for liking the card with the account.

Is it possible at the first place to link a debit card of a UAE-based bank with a palpal account, especially if it has no CVN on its back?

Thanx

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

waseemdxb -

Welcome aboard!

Apologies that you couldn't locate the answer.  Yes,  you can add a UAE based debit card.  However, it must have a CVN (also known as a security code, CVV, or or Cvv2), an expiration date, and be branded by a type of card we accept in your country.  To see what financials we accept in your region, go to www.paypal.com/worldwide.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

waseemdxb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx very much for the reply Adrian.

Just wanna ask you one more question, why PayPal does not allow accounts to be topped up through Western Union service? It can make life easy for millions of people across the world who need a simple, to-the-point solution for their online shopping without exposing their financial tools to anyone, including Paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

waseemdxb -

That's an excellent question!  At PayPal, we're always looking for new and exciting ways to pay and be paid.  We've worked diligently to enable as many features in as many countries and regions as we possibly can.  I will, however, note your interest in Western Union to top up your account and pass it along!

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

hamuseoul
Contributor
Contributor
Why can someone based in UAE add their UAE-based debit card to an American Paypal account but a person in Korea cannot add a Korean debit card or even a Korean shipping address to their American Paypal account? My card is a Visa, has a CVV, has an expiration date, and can be used for online purchases and at ATMs all over the world. [FYI Paypal Korea does not allow non-Koreans to use their service so we HAVE to use our home country's.]
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.