Task board nightmare

Ornstein
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, 

I am from India and as per our regulations, I must complete 4 tasks, namely, 'Provide PAN', 'Confirm email', 'Add bank account' and 'Provide purpose code' to be able to make/receive payments and I can't for the life of me confirm my email or set my purpose code. I have tried contacting PayPal support but its been over a week and I haven't received a response yet.

Email -

The big green tick mark in the Summary tab says my email's confirmed but it still shows "pending' on the task board. 

I have tried verifying it by clicking both 'Yes, this is my email address' and 'Click to activate your account' in the mails I received but no luck. It just takes me to the Summary tab. I never get to the part where you just enter the password and set your security question.

Also clicking on 'pending' just takes me back to the Summary tab again. I don't get any new verification mails and I have checked my Spam folder.

I don't see any confirm email links in Notifications to enter the confirmation number I received either.

Purpose code - 

I set a purpose code and it gives me a success message but when I return to the task board, the orange Start button's still there. I have probably selected most of the options by now but nothing sticks. 

Just to confirm if I had messed up while setting up my account, I set one up for my father. I followed the exact same tutorial video I used before and it went without a hitch so why on earth won't it work for me? I am really at my wits end trying to figure this out and any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Ornstein

I can confirm that this is a known cosmetic issue on the website that our teams are actively working to resolve. If all of your steps have been completed already, then you should still be all set to go ahead and start accepting payments. I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience or confusion caused by this! We hope to have this all sorted soon!

If you have any questions or troubles, please feel free to let us know! Thank you for using PayPal!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Clear browser cache and cookies and restart your device and log on again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ornstein
Contributor
Contributor

Did that with both Chrome and Firefox - cleared cache, restarted my PC and logged in but no luck.

Like I mentioned, I set up my father's account right after on the same browser and it worked fine.

Clicking 'pending' doesn't send me any mails either - not even in the Spam folder. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Ornstein

I can confirm that this is a known cosmetic issue on the website that our teams are actively working to resolve. If all of your steps have been completed already, then you should still be all set to go ahead and start accepting payments. I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience or confusion caused by this! We hope to have this all sorted soon!

If you have any questions or troubles, please feel free to let us know! Thank you for using PayPal!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Ornstein
Contributor
Contributor

Finally! I was just about losing my mind trying to figure this out.

Hope you manage to sort it out and I hope I can make/receive payments nevertheless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.