Setting up In Store PayPal using the PayPal App

smithmal
New Community Member

Thought I'd post this b/c I had a helluva time setting up my pin code so that I could use PayPal for in store purchases (like at Home Depot).  

I haven't been able to figure it out by within paypal.com.  The directions are to go to paypal.com/anywhere and supposedly you can set it up there, but that link seems to only allow one to order a paypal debit card.

Below are the instructions on how to setup your pin using the PayPal app.  This worked for me.

You can change your Mobile PIN through your phone using the PayPal app. Here's how:

1. Open the PayPal app and log in to your account.
  2. Click into Settings.
  3. Tap the profile photo.
  4. Tap Mobile Number(s) and PIN.
  5. Tap Change PIN.
  6. Enter your new PIN, confirm it, and tap Change PIN.

I hope the above instructions works for anyone else trying to figure out how to create a pin code for using PayPal with in store purchases.  PayPal should make this easier for everyone.

smithmal

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Erica

Hi Smithmal,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced setting up your account for in-store checkout. Thank you for sharing this information with the community!

-Erica

Login to Me Too

Offtrackmind
New Community Member
I cannot figure it out should be simpler. I double and triple tapped picture no where to set up pin. This is why Chase Visa gets my money anyone else know how to set up pin
Login to Me Too

Dionna
New Community Member
There is no mention of changing a pin online or in the app.
Login to Me Too

Serg003
New Community Member
For some reason I don't see a pin option when I try to setup my pin in the phone app,help me please.
Login to Me Too

thatguyoverthur
New Community Member

There is nothing in the app that says anything about setting up a pin. online instructions do not match up with anything.   very poorly set up by paypal.  I attempted to use this in a pinch and it burned time and created a lot of aggrivation ontop of the situation.  I have used paypal as my sole form of payment on ebay for years... may be time to give other payment forms another look.  Get it together before you advertise a service that doesnt work.

Login to Me Too

Gruhn
New Community Member

lol - they must have changed it after you revealed how to do it.   Home Depot says this happens every time someone tries to use it at checkout.   Paypal needs to keep up with the time are they are opening the door for another system.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.