Registered for PayPal, had to close account and redo everything, and debit card won't link

tristanmarkos
Contributor
Contributor

My girlfriend and I were setting up PayPal accounts to put together money. She lives in Hungary and I live in America, so when she had to link her card to the account, PayPal stated that they would charge her around 400 forint (which is around $2) so that she can receive a code to confirm her card, but the website said that it was already done. But she doesn't see any difference or money taken off in her bank account. We've never used PayPal before, and I was suggest to link my account to my bank but then I realized there were certain things needed like ID, Social Security, and Proof Address, and it became too much to really go through to just make an account so I could add money with my girlfriend so I closed my account to ignore linking my bank this time. And my girlfriend, having to be Hungarian, mistakenly placed her last name where she should've wrote her first name and had to close hers as well since the name didn't match with the information she had listed. Now that we registered again, everything appeared less chaotic and more straightforward as I ignore linking my bank account and I tested my debit card to see if it would send my girlfriend money, which it did. However, she couldn't link her card because the code to her closed account was not received and now PayPal states that she'd have to wait about a week until she can be able to use the card for this account. Is there a way to fix this for her? Because we needed to get the money together within a couple of days at the most, so that I can purchase a flight ticket to Hungary and visit her. The prices may change so it's urgent that I get any response that may help her resolve this issue. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.