Never receive the confirmation SMS text message when confirming mobile number.

paululrich
Contributor
Contributor

I try to link my mobile number to my Paypal account but I never receive the confirmation SMS text message that they say has been sent.. 

Paypal, can you fix this?  

Yes, I have premium SMS messaging, and this is the only account for which this number is on paypal, etc. How about this, why don't you add the option where I can text you a confirmation code that you give me on the website?

Then we'll call it even stevens.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LLC0106

I'm having the same issue....help please.

Login to Me Too

beb0110
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem. Why isn't this working????

Login to Me Too

wire2air
New Community Member

This is probably due to sms from short code blocked on your mobile account by wireless provided. Call your wireless provider and have them remove block from standard messaging short codes. Now, a days this is very common problem with sms services.

That's why we at TxtImpact do things differently for our client. We offer 100% message delivery even on short codes.

Good luck!!

Login to Me Too

paululrich
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed Net10 - we'll see what they say.  If this works you are my new best friend.  

I'm amazed somebody actually knew something that resembled an answer to this issue!

Login to Me Too

paululrich
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I got a reply.  With Net10, they don't offer the option to recieve text messages from SMS Shortcodes.  Shortcodes, according to Wikipedia, are the short 5 digit phone numbers that you can get assigned to you if you pay a Shortcode broker. 

Note that they said that they are constantly working on upgrading their services and could possibly offer this in the future. 

Login to Me Too

immortalcryz
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to recieve short codes and am still not recieving sms from paypal. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.