I need help transferring money(apparently it's time-sensitive)

mj_is_cool
Contributor
Contributor
My sister used an app that uses PayPal to send me money and I only have a certain amount of time before the money either goes back to her or I'm not sure what would happen. She DID NOT use the PayPal app as far as I know, she said I need to transfer it into my account(or I can use it but I want to transfer it into my account). I'm afraid that, although I think it'd be really dumb(it might be a security procedure or something, I don't know), after the time is up, I'm afraid my sister nor myself will have access to the money. I set up my credit union and checked my transaction history(where it would show up as a deposit), but so far nothing has happened.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My opiniion is let it go back.

Tell her to send it from your PayPal account to your PayPal email.

You could also ask specificallly the name of the transafer service so it could be checked out.

Login to Me Too

mj_is_cool
Contributor
Contributor
My email is set up with my PayPal and she sent it to my PayPal, so I don't think there would be an actual difference in doing that rather than waiting a bit longer. I should have said earlier it has only been about a day, more or less, maybe it takes a few days to verify something or whatever. However, in the credit union app, it shows pending transactions and so far, it hasn't even shown up in the pending section. It's the it's apparently time-sensitive but then my sister said I should have like 30 days to deal with it which should be ample time to transfer it to my credit union. PayPal isn't open until 5 PM so I'll call them in a few days if it still doesn't show up as "pending"/in the pending section
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.