Email addresses

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I want to move a couple of email addresses around between two PayPal accounts.  I removed the email addresses from both accts. Now I want to add email #1 to account #2 and email #2 to account #1 but when I try adding them, it says they are not available.  Even tried logging on with those email addresses get an error message for both accts so I know the deletion is updated on the system but still its not letting me add them. 

I switched them in the first place because I liked the new look of the site but it only appeared on one of my accts and now since both my accts are now with the new layout, I would like to switch the email addresses back.  What is blocking me from adding the addresses?  I even deleted my saved invoice templates so nothing would be using those email addresses.  Any help is appreciated.

Sharpiemarker

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is blocking me from adding the addresses?

Automated system security.  

Normally once an email address is registered with PayPal, it cannot be reused.  All you can do at this point is contact customer support with your concerns.  As policies can change, perhaps they can help you.  You can contact customer support via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snowshoe wrote:

Normally once an email address is registered with PayPal, it cannot be reused. 

I was able to remove and re-register email addresses initially so I should be able to switch them back.  Hmmm, I guess I'll just wait a long while before registering them again.  i'll also try writing them on social media, thanks.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.