Can't login to PayPal after activating PayPal Security Key

Lol-Smurfs
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I am posting it for my friend since he can't post it..

So, in Israel we only got the new interface and features this week.

One of the features is called Security Key / 2 Step Authentication, basically everytime he login to the account he should get an SMS with a code.

Thing is.. Upon activating it and trying to connect to the PayPal account, it won't do anything, the page where you write the email and password just refreshes with no error, like nothing happened.

That's not invalid password for sure, because he is able to login via the iPhone app (with the SMS) - it works perfectly fine..

Things that he tried doing:

1. Clear his cache / cookies

2. Change password

At that moment he can't login from his computer nor other's people computers, only from mobile.

Any tips?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

andracuamic
New Community Member

I also have the exact same problem with my other account, a business account (Romania).

A month ago everything worked fine, and now the login page just refreshes and I cannot log in.

I can't use the PayPal app, so I cannot access my account at all.

Help and tips are very much appeciated.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Mark1ra
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem, couldn't login through any device/browser/app. Here's what I did:
01. Asked for the password recovery (Forgot your email address or password?).
02. Went for the link that PayPal sended me, and instead of changing the password, went for the login button from that page.
03. Provided my login details, it redirected me to mobile security key confirmation page, there were 2 options to skip this verification, by providing your bank card full number or security questions.
04. Successfully logged in, immediately disabled mobile security key verification... 

Login to Me Too

Nopay
New Community Member

I did the same exact thing and managed to login.

Only problem is now I cannot find from where to dissable the security key vefirication. This looks like a uncomplete site that basically doesn't work. If you could update me with clear steps on how to reach a page where i can actually deactivate it I would be eternally grateful.

Login to Me Too

Mark1ra
Contributor
Contributor

If you want to disable mobile verification, once you've logged in:
01. Go to: "Profile / Profile and settings";
02. On the left menu choose "My settings", there you will be able to manage your security keys (press "Update").
03. The last what left is to find mobile security key with status "activated" and deactivate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.