Block email from being public?

spiritedquill
Contributor
Contributor

When the button on my website is clicked through, people are seeing my email address in huge bold letters across the top.

This is a horrible security issue. How do I block my email from being seen? I cannot locate the setting to remove it.
The one setting where I chose for it not to be seen is not working. I've changed the code for the button 3 times and my email still shows up.

Please advise. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's the type of PayPal Account you have.  If you do not want your email address displayed, then you would need to upgrade to a Business Account.  Business Accounts allow you to display a company or group name.  Personal and Premier Accounts display your email address.  You can learn more here about the various account types and their functions:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/topic/?topicID=11500004&parentID=11500002&m=BT

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's the type of PayPal Account you have.  If you do not want your email address displayed, then you would need to upgrade to a Business Account.  Business Accounts allow you to display a company or group name.  Personal and Premier Accounts display your email address.  You can learn more here about the various account types and their functions:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/topic/?topicID=11500004&parentID=11500002&m=BT

Login to Me Too

spiritedquill
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

spiritedquill
Contributor
Contributor

Having a problem upgrading from Premier to Business. I don't see any option to do so.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe Personal Accounts have an Upgrade link.  Premier and Business Accounts don't.  To go from a Premier to Business you will need to do the following:

• Click Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
  • Click Call us.

You can also send an email with your request to change your account type. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Email us.

You must log in to your account to make the request since that is more secure. Please be sure to include all the details of the account type change in your email. We will contact you once the account type is changed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.