15 REPLIES 15

pamstreasurehut
Contributor
Contributor

did u find out what this is

Login to Me Too

terryallan
New Community Member

This is a tariff code used at International Customs offices.

Since I'm in Canada, I went to the Canada Post site, and queried "H/S Code" and was directed to a page where you can type in destination and type of product being shipped.

I typed in United States and Compact Disc, and it gave me the H/S Code 8523.40

That's basically it. Once you know the codes for the products you're shipping... it will be easy.

@pamstreasurehut wrote:

did u find out what this is

Login to Me Too

xinfinity
Contributor
Contributor

It's Ridiculous, I am having the same problem. Was on the phone with paypal for 1/2 hour or more and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about, the last response was to try shipping through Canada post (it's not Canada post's site that is having the problem it's paypal's) unbelievable.

Any one else having this trouble be sure to post something on here if we get enough people on here maybe they will fix it.

Well off to the post office to manually send my items guess I will stand in line for an hour

Login to Me Too

lackey
Contributor
Contributor

They ask for 7 digits. I entered 1234567 and it went through. It's not even printed on the label.

Login to Me Too

xinfinity
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I tried the 1234567 and that did work, the Tariff code did show up on my airmail label hope it is not going to be a problem when it gets to customs. this needs to be fixed as soon as possible PAYPAL !!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

pamstreasurehut
Contributor
Contributor

thanks the 1234567 worked how stupid is that

Login to Me Too

xinfinity
Contributor
Contributor

It printed the code on my label, did it print it on yours? this could be a problem when the package hits customs

Login to Me Too

pamstreasurehut
Contributor
Contributor

nope didnt print on mine

Login to Me Too

janshelley
New Community Member

I did the same thing (1234567) because the HS Code I found on the Canada Post website, did not work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.