I'm selling a bicycle on Craigslist and don't know which account to get.

Zoltaan
New Community Member

I'm trying to sell my biccyle on Craigslist and I don't know if that means I need to sign up as "goods and services" or "friends and family" to receive payment.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zoltaan

You don't sign up to either of those, those are the options an account holder uses when they pay funds to someone.

You sign up to a personal account if you are going to be selling for a while and if you sell a lot paypal will tell you to upgrade to a business account at some stage.

BUT if that bicycle is going to be collected then DO NOT use paypal for items that are collected, cash on collection only as you will have no seller protection if you can't provide a tracking number which you would not have if its collected.

Also be VERY CAREFUL of scams that tell you to open a paypal account to sell something and then send you a spoof email that says they have paid but you have to pay the shipping agent for them first (any email to say they have sent you the funds for that would be spoof).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zoltaan
New Community Member

Ok cool, thanks for slearing that up. THe peron who wants to buy the bike is out of town and they can't pick it up in person so I figured paypal was safer than other forms.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zoltaan

Ok then be VERY aware of the scam then.

If they say they are going to pay via paypal and get a shipping agent to pick it up = scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.