Money transfer from Finland to UK (instant transfer required)

danielgward
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold a bicycle to someone is Finland (I'm in England). They are coming to collect the bike this week from my house!

They wish to pay via paypal when they arrive at my house, which is fine by me as long as the money clears instantly into my paypal account. I then wish to withdraw it instantly to my paypal registered bank account.

The bicycle is worth £3750. Obviously I need to ensure that his money is in my account, is 100% legit and that I can transfer it to my own bank instantly before he leaves.

Can anyone see any problems? As far as I know both our accounts are varified.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danielgward

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute. The buyer could also do a chargeback if they funded that Paypal payment via a c.c. and again you would have no seller protection so would lose.

Even if you had transfered the funds to your bank account Paypal would put your Paypal account into negative and come after you to pay them back again.

Cash on collection or bank transfer (at your house is my advice).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.