Funds not available until December 31, 1969.

Sirius0104
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold a google home speaker on ebay and had to accept the payment since it wasn't in my normal currency. When I accepted it went to my pending like normal and I went to see the availability date to be informed it would be available in December 31 1969. Does anyone know why this is happened or how to fix it???

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

greensqid
Contributor
Contributor

This has just happened to me as well , the release date on the hold in my case was Marked as January 1 1969

I am thinking it s a code Paypal uses to say your not getting your money anytime soon

more so any time they are aware of or otherwise not willing to quote a date.

Interest Scam ?  its what im thinking

The package I sold on ebay was delivered a week ago with tracking and still no refund to add to the mystery the seller left excellent feedback. Im at a lose as to why my money is still in their Bank account and not mine. Its fishy

the only option I can see besides a interest scam is they like to punish people who are not whacked out sellers who are making them crazy money , Im not but have been using paypal for 10 years.
Paypal brags of 3 day payment wait after tracked delivery -  Ha not for this lowly user its looking like 3 weeks for me.

Pee me off makes me not want to sell on eBay BIG TIME

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Thanks for reaching out to us here, and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with these payments. The date issue that you are explaining typically occurs when there is an issue with the tracking number that was entered into the transaction details. Sometimes this could mean that the tracking number was entered twice, or maybe it was entered in a format that was not recognized by our system. 

PayPal uses an automated process to verify tracking numbers and provide an estimated date for the release of the funds. If the system is unable to verify the tracking automatically for any reason, then this date may appear. That does not mean that we will hold your funds longer, but you may need to reach out to us to have the delivery verified and the funds manually released.

Regrettably we are unable to view your account information from here, but if you'd like to reach out to us through one of our customer service channels we'd be happy to help! You can call or email us by clicking the "Contact" link at the bottom of your PayPal page. We are also available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/paypal or on Twitter at @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Tylerp78
Contributor
Contributor
Considering the tracking number came from a label printed from ebay I don’t buy this reason
Login to Me Too

hhltd
New Community Member

Okay so I just got paid after having this glitch, of course this can't be the case for everyone but this literally just happened to me: Package was delivered last week, release was set for tomorrow, Oct 3.. Around 11 pm tonight (Oct 2) I get the Dec. 31 1969 glitch when checking up on my availability, around 11 15pm the money was in my account. I think a possibility of this happening is that your money is about to be released, for instance if your estimated availability date is tomorrow, then towards 12 am you see the glitch, it may mean it's about to be released. Although if your availability date was still more than a couple days away before you saw the glitch, I wouldn't count on it.

Login to Me Too

Tylerp78
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is scheduled for February 16 ( tomorrow) when I checked I got the same date. I hope it’s the same situation as you .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.