Convert invoice to PDF

mcevoyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

Is there any way to output an invoice as a PDF file?

thanks Neil.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

reddico

Hey folks, 

I know this is an old thread, but came up with a solution that really helped us out, so thought would share incase anyone else is having the same problem still. 

I wanted to get the transaction details page in a pdf - to do this: 

1. Click on transaction details 
  2. Select CTRL P (will see print setup page appear) 
  3. Select "Open in PDF Preview"
  4. The save copy 

🙂 -  Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

mcevoyn -

Welcome to the Community!

At this time, there isn't a direct way to output a PayPal invoice as a PDF-file.  However, if you have a PDF-creator, you may be able to create a PDF file of your invoice and embed a payment button inside the form.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

JoeMacGS
Contributor
Contributor

Have you succeeded in using a pdf writer to save a copy of an invoice?  I have CutePDF but when I "print to pdf" I get a blank form.  Really, I just need a soft copy of the invoice...HOW DO I DO THIS???  Everything I try comes out blank.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Login to Me Too

mcevoyn
Contributor
Contributor

the site shows dynamic data pulled from their systems, so PDF convertors cant handle it. they can only convert static html.

there is no way of doing this, you have to create your own PDFs manually.

Login to Me Too

JoeMacGS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

So trying to save a copy of the webpage, downloading the displayed invoice into excel with the right-click option, etc won't work either?

Other than printing on a piece of paper, is there any other way to save a copy of a paypal invoice that I create and send to a customer?  Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Kzoo
New Community Member

a 3rd party product like Transform would be able to capture a printed document, send it to Excel, or PDF or whatever, and deliver it anywhere you want.  However, not free.  Depends on how important this is to you, but it''s certainly not impossible.  See "Transform" at www.sprolinux.com

Login to Me Too

jimfath
New Community Member

I ended up using 2 screen shots (the page was too long to fit into one screen shot) and then I created an image with it in Photoshop. I saved it as a jpg. Then converted the jpg to a PDF with adobe X. A long way to go but I was able to send the invoice to my boss for reimbursment. I have to do this every time. Seems like such a basic tool that is missing from Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

reddico

Hey folks, 

I know this is an old thread, but came up with a solution that really helped us out, so thought would share incase anyone else is having the same problem still. 

I wanted to get the transaction details page in a pdf - to do this: 

1. Click on transaction details 
  2. Select CTRL P (will see print setup page appear) 
  3. Select "Open in PDF Preview"
  4. The save copy 

🙂 -  Enjoy. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.