Canada Post Delivery Notifications

MackOutdoors
Contributor
Contributor

Around the start of April, our business suddenly started getting Delivery Notifications for all our shipments withing Canada. How do we turn off the ones we don't want?

I've checked our store hosting site and there are no settings to control that.

I checked Canada Post and they allow choosing the emails to get when shipping through them or requesting them by using the tracking number.

So, that leaves PayPal as being the culprit for this change and we can't find how to stop the emails.

Why is it so annoying to us?

Well, we have emails coming from our store host and PayPal already, so with these 3 new ones, here is roughly the emails we get.

Store Host Email : An order has been placed.

PayPal : Payment from 'x' recieved - shortly after the above email.

PayPal : Shipping label created - shortly after we have created the shipping label.

Canada Post : Shipping label created - about 2 hours after the PayPal email.

Canada Post : Shipment departed - about 10 minutes after depositing the parcel at the post office.

Canada Post : Delivered - on roughly the appropriate number of days after shipment.

Now, we might be inclined to have the delivered emails coming in, but the first two from Canada post are of no use to us since we already know we created the shipping label and that we deposited them at the post office.

So, to sum up my question : How do I turn off the emails that we don't want to be getting?

I can't seem to find the settings anywhere, so can someone help me out with this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

twg
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for detailing this so very annoying issue, I have also looked into our CP account, paypal account, module settings and no luck turning off this ridiculous bombardment. How could anyone possibly think getting another 100 emails a day would be helpful? If I just create a shipment do a need an email confirming it a few seconds later... the stupidity of this beyond belief...  If I happen to be away from the office and want to check our email through the server I have to wade through pages of notifications to find some actual mail... please someone save us from this plague...

Login to Me Too

iawia
New Community Member

You could work around the problem by creating a filter rule in your email program to delete the unwanted ones or put them in your Junk folder.

Login to Me Too

twg
Contributor
Contributor

Its not a bad idea, expect the cp notifications have very generic subjects and the addresses are used for other notifications, so one would loose some email that would actually be useful.... but thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.