why file a claim it is BS to file one

eli_the_man2000
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on Nov 6th the item was damaged in shipping. The buyer reversed the pay pal money and was refunded the money on Dec2nd as of Dec 20th i have filed a complaniant with pay pal as I never got my item back worth $542  I feel like pay pal helped the buyer rip me off because in the complaint I ask many times to request a return shipping invoice from the  buyer it never happened I am very **bleep**

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have to understand how Paypal dispute works and follow the progress to make sure you respond.

if not,Paypal will close the case in buyer favor.

Login to Me Too

eli_the_man2000
Contributor
Contributor

well I wish I understood the rules for pp because this guy and girl do ok they have had their money back since dec2 I have ask pp since early on like NOv 30 to have them to file an reverse shipping invoice so far nothing it is now Dec 30 They got me for 1084 bucks  if i knew how PP works that way I would never have used them I talked to PP daily they all said that cant be right we will see to it that it is fixed a month latter nothing and yes I sent a return shipping label for pickup at tha house

Login to Me Too

eli_the_man2000
Contributor
Contributor

ok ask yes the guy I dealt with I was told his PP account was strange dont know what that means but he paid with his wifes account stating she dealt with all that papperwork

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when a buyer files a dispute of item not as described,a case is open and Paypal will immediately withhold the payment in your account,it is still there but you cannot use it.

then Paypal will email you telling you a case has been open and give you x days torespond.

if you do,and buyer responds,you get more emails saying buyer has responded .

finally one of you would escalate to Paypal review if no agreement can be reached.

you have to respond via Paypal ,look into your account/resolution/open case and respond there,you cannot just email him direct.

if a seller does not respond within the case,Paypal does not know and will close the case in buyer favor.

if you want to continue using Paypal,you need to understand seller and buyer protection and how to respond to cases

Login to Me Too

eli_the_man2000
Contributor
Contributor

well it is Jan 31 still no returned item and pay pal is calling me wanting their $542 back it sucks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.