please help, is this a scam?

lukestarward
New Community Member

I am selling my macbook on craigslist and I was almost immediately contacted after posting it from a guy who saids hes in the US army and wants to purchase the item. He then just sent me this email after I told him the price and my paypal:

My Apologies: I had this Problem with the Shipper Agent, the pick up agent said they won't come for the pick up of the item that i will need to pay for the pick up before they can arrange a pick up time, they charged me $950 for pick up and delivery,i will add $1,050 to the money i will be sending you via Pay pal...Money Gram Charges Which Is $100 Then i just need you to help me send $950 to the pick up agent as i will add the money to your $1,600.00 so the Total Cost will be $2,650.00 i would have done it myself but as i didn't bring my credit card aboard,i am a little incapacitated.....I will appreciate your help here. As soon as i made the payment Pay pal will notify you and tells you what to do and how to go about it. Thanks and nice doing business with you.

What should i do? Any help is appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course it's a scam.

You are doing 2 things that let people know you are inviting scams.  

1.  selling a MacBook

2.  advertising on Craig's list.

Both put you into an extremely high risk situation for scams.  There is a lot of fraud for electronics and items on Craig's list.

Remember, PayPal will not protect you against your own bad judgement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.