block payment for cancelled free trial?

KleinBraam61
New Community Member

I signed up today (9 August) for a 7-day free trial with grammarly.com. To proceed withe the trial I had to set up a payment. The site assured me that I would not be billed if I cancelled inside the 7 day period.

After the trial (also today, 9 August) I  cancelled. The Manage Subscriptions tab in my account on the site said I would be billed on 17 August. But under the Cancel option, it said I would not be billed <<again>>. I think this implies that I would be billed once for the monthly charge of $29.something. If this is true, grammarly's offer of a free trial would be misleading and fraudulent.

Others have had this problem; http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/grammarlycom-i-canceled-my-subscription-within-the-free-tr...

So I want to block an possible billing of my PayPal account by grammarly. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest that you follow-up with customer support with your concerns as they can take a look at your transaction history and assist.  That's not something that can be done through the community forum.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.