Time it takes to "Review a Paypal reclamation" after both sides send their own version.

lilfick
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so i'll start from the beginning. On july 21, i buought an LG tv with an Harman Kardon SB16 on https://www.electronicsforless.ca/. I received all the stuff, everything was perfect until I hook all the stuff together with the cables they give me. The sound system wasn't working well, there was distrubing noise coming from it and it wasn't playing all video type (like blurays), so I decided to contact the seller to get a refund (Note that I did that 2 hours after receiving the stuff at home). From there, i waited, one, two, three days. I sent 3 emails and after that I even called them at the store. The guy on the phone told me he couldn't do anything that i needed to send an emails to the customer service and they would reply me within an hour. After 3 days they didn't reply me so I send a paypal reclamation. 

Note : ** We can find this on their website : "Your satisfaction is what counts at electronicsforless.ca. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly accept your return or exchange on most products within 14 days." "DOA or Damaged on Arrival. For products that arrive damaged or out of error or cannot be fixed with replacement parts, electronicsforless.ca will pay for a replacement to be shipped if the damage, shortage or mis-shipment is properly signed for. If damage, shortage or loss is not signed for, the manufacturer may not be able to ship replacements. Please consult our replacements policy for further details. If the customer does not want parts or a replacement unit, the product may be returned for credit as detailed above."

So if i understand, I've got 14 days to contact them to get a RA number and sent them back the box. The problem is they do not answer me and they wait until august 6 to reply to the paypal reclamation, when the "14 days" is now over. I've been stock will this for about 3 weeks now and I just want to close that because I found this completly ridiculous. So can someone told me how much time does Paypal will take to get a decision on the case ? Do I need to call them to get quick service ? Because every step I move take about a month to be complete.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dustin

Hi lilfick,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry to hear about this experience. I recommend opening a dispute on this transaction. A dispute puts the funds on hold and opens a dialogue between you and the seller to try and resolve the issue.

If the issue can't be resolved the dispute will need to be escalated to a claim. At that point you are asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. In cases of items that are significantly not as described the claim investigation can take up to 30 days.

I hope this answers your question. 🙂

- Dustin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.