Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a chronograph from the Tha DU Store.  Price was the best by $20 on a $120 item.  Did some follow up later and now am concerned.  Anybody buy anything from these guys - in CA.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

DarthFring
Contributor
Contributor

My experience is as follows:

I found a trailcamera that I hope to buy in bulk.  The item is normally MSRP around 139 but some sites currently offer it for 105.  Tha DU store offers it for 80.  I was surprised by that deal and like the OP couldn't find any history on this buisness.  I would have bought eight of them (their entire stock) but was concerned about the deal being a scam/refurbish etc. so I only bought two for a charge of 160.  That was on 12/31. 

I recieved a receipt for my purchase of 2 for 80 a piece for a total paypal charge of 160 from Tha DU Store on 12/31.  That was one order of a quantity (2).

I received a notification on 1/4 that my item has shipped.

Today (1/6) I received a package.  That package has not two but one of the items I ordered.  It was from a sporting goods store in MN.  The item appears to be new in original packaging.  I haven't opened it from the packaging yet because I'm concerned that I only recieved one item when my order was for two.  I will wait and see if I recieve a second package to complete the order before I open it from the packaging.

The item delivered included a receipt.  The receipt lists the order as "one" item and a sale price of 139 with S&H and taxes bringing the total to 167.89.  The "ship to" address is my address and the "bill to" address is in Austin, TX by mastercard.

I'm currently waiting to see if the second package gets delivered and if I recieve any additional charges.

I'll have to wait and see.

Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

MN sporting goods store could be Gander Mountain - they went bankrupt although bought out by another company.  Very possible that explains fire sale price.  I've only got one item on order so I am a little more optimistic.  

Login to Me Too

Aganagapao
Contributor
Contributor
Any further updates? Can anyone confirm receiving an authentic piece of merchandise they ordered? Considering ordering.
Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Got notified tonight that a package will be delivered tomorrow by

ups.  From dodgeville wi which is a location of one of the old gander mountain stores.  Looks like tha du store is working with a liquidator to sell products that are shipped from the stores original locations.  This was for chronograph.   Will confirm when ups delivers tomorrow. 

Login to Me Too

1113MVP
New Community Member

I am looking at LEGO sets on there and they are pretty cheap in comparison to other places, so I am leery about purchasing. please update on your experience with them, i don't want to get scammed.

Login to Me Too

kbppaulk
Contributor
Contributor

So i recieved my shipping details friday from tha du store with tracking, im currently waiting on my package should be here in the next day or so.... from the transactions per fed ex there having a few delays due to bad weather.... i will update when i recieve package and if its what i requested 

Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

That's good news.  I ordered on 1/1 and have heard nothing yet.

Login to Me Too

Litboyfresh
New Community Member
Ordered the Saturn 5 Lego set on 1/3/18 and after sending multiple emails and reporting to PayPal I received a shipping conformation on 1/8/18 and just received my package today 1/9/18. I payed $99.99 and it was sent from toys r us and shipped to me using a different billing address. Also the product was bought from toys r us for $135.00. Since I managed to save $35 I’m glad I received my package but I won’t be buying from there again. My advice to anyone that is worried is to just open a paypal dispute and if you don’t receive your items then you’ll eventually be refunded.
Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Got my chronograph today in a cabelas box with a cabelas receipt for their regular price of  160 - I paid 100.  Maybe that's how the warranty issue is handled - ok with me, I have a store 20 miles away.  Cabelas does not have a store in dodgeville wi but the old gander mountain did - that's where the ups shipment came from.  Somehow tha du store is involved with liquidating the gm mdse is what I beleive.  I think orders with tdus will be fulfilled - but don't expect anything else from them.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Box was not sealed in cellophane but not indication that it has been opened.  I was missing 2 sunscreens but had everything else.  When I called customer service @ caldwell they asked me for some date that should have been on the box over the upc code - nothing there or on the unit itself.  They are sending what I am missingbut when I look at the box it does not show show that these items should be included even though the care and usage instructions show thye should be there.   Looks like nos but I will take it for the price - don't believe it would have been that expensive if I had to buy them but caldwell came thru.  Check you items over carefully when they arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.