Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

Bought a chronograph from the Tha DU Store.  Price was the best by $20 on a $120 item.  Did some follow up later and now am concerned.  Anybody buy anything from these guys - in CA.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

well i recieved my package yesterday it was also shipped from toys r us and they payed more then what i payed them for it. So im glad i got what i want and still payed less but confused to why they are paying more! thoughs of you that are still waiting its due to them waiting on to whom they turned around and bought your product from! This is not a store they are buying products from other companies and having them ship to your house! they are also paying more then what we payed for the item.

18 REPLIES

i am wondering the same thing i just  bought a 160 dollar set for 90 dollars on their site 

really is a too good deal

Contributor

What was the timing on yours?  I ordered 1/1 and got no response to my emails until I sent the following -

Please respond to my earlier emails!  I think this is a scam and I will receive refurbed or counterfeit merchandise.  You are impossible to contact and have no record on the internet to check.  I want the item by regret placing the order with you.  I couldn't find the chronographs yesterday when I looked where I had found them before but happened to find them under Marine Electronics later - maybe a simple error but not a good sign of how professional your business is!  

I want the item but only if it factory new and the genuine article.  If it is not, CANCEL the order immediately and refund my payment.  I have opened a fraud issue with Paypal and they are waiting for me to direct them to begin their procedures.  I don't think you want to be on record as a scam artist.

Please respond by the end of day to let me know your intentions.  Thanks.

I actially did contact the fraud unit @ pp credit and started an issue - I received this -

Don't worry - our item is brand new.

I followed up w/ an email about when I could expect it but have not heard back.  Will update if I hear more - pp credit has my complaint pending - they said I was protected by their Buyer Protection Plan and to keep them advised.  

rd back.

So in the end I got my Lego set they bought it from toys r us and sent it to me ,
New Community Member

Was the item ever sent? Or were you able to cancel payment?
Contributor

Did you receive item or get refund?  What was the timing on yours?  I ordered 1/1 and got no response to my emails until I sent the following -

Please respond to my earlier emails!  I think this is a scam and I will receive refurbed or counterfeit merchandise.  You are impossible to contact and have no record on the internet to check.  I want the item by regret placing the order with you.  I couldn't find the chronographs yesterday when I looked where I had found them before but happened to find them under Marine Electronics later - maybe a simple error but not a good sign of how professional your business is!  

I want the item but only if it factory new and the genuine article.  If it is not, CANCEL the order immediately and refund my payment.  I have opened a fraud issue with Paypal and they are waiting for me to direct them to begin their procedures.  I don't think you want to be on record as a scam artist.

Please respond by the end of day to let me know your intentions.  Thanks.

I actially did contact the fraud unit @ pp credit and started an issue - I received this on 1/3 -

Don't worry - our item is brand new.

I followed up w/ an email about when I could expect it but have not heard back.  Will update if I hear more - pp credit has my complaint pending - they said I was protected by their Buyer Protection Plan and to keep them advised.  

I ordered from here on the 3rd and had emailed them because i had an address mix up not a big deal it would just go to my parents house instead of mine and couldnt get a respond back then i started looking at the site and online and now im not sure what to think..... and when i paid i didnt feel like actually logging into my paypal account so i just paid as guest.... would i still be able to get my money back if this is fake or a scam?

New Community Member

My experience is as follows:

I found a trailcamera that I hope to buy in bulk.  The item is normally MSRP around 139 but some sites currently offer it for 105.  Tha DU store offers it for 80.  I was surprised by that deal and like the OP couldn't find any history on this buisness.  I would have bought eight of them (their entire stock) but was concerned about the deal being a scam/refurbish etc. so I only bought two for a charge of 160.  That was on 12/31. 

I recieved a receipt for my purchase of 2 for 80 a piece for a total paypal charge of 160 from Tha DU Store on 12/31.  That was one order of a quantity (2).

I received a notification on 1/4 that my item has shipped.

Today (1/6) I received a package.  That package has not two but one of the items I ordered.  It was from a sporting goods store in MN.  The item appears to be new in original packaging.  I haven't opened it from the packaging yet because I'm concerned that I only recieved one item when my order was for two.  I will wait and see if I recieve a second package to complete the order before I open it from the packaging.

The item delivered included a receipt.  The receipt lists the order as "one" item and a sale price of 139 with S&H and taxes bringing the total to 167.89.  The "ship to" address is my address and the "bill to" address is in Austin, TX by mastercard.

I'm currently waiting to see if the second package gets delivered and if I recieve any additional charges.

I'll have to wait and see.

Contributor

MN sporting goods store could be Gander Mountain - they went bankrupt although bought out by another company.  Very possible that explains fire sale price.  I've only got one item on order so I am a little more optimistic.  

Any further updates? Can anyone confirm receiving an authentic piece of merchandise they ordered? Considering ordering.