Suspicious Transaction - Accidentally entered info

naskari
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I got a message from Paypal's exact email address saying that a suspicious transaction was made on my account, a charge of $27. I check my bank balance and nothing has changed. I looked up the address and turns out there is another community post on Paypal made by a user about that very same address and how they also received the same exact email. 

The unfortunate thing is, I submitted ALL of my information on there. I opened the link on my iPhone and submitted whatever it was asking me to do. Only after that I had done my research and I changed my password immediately. I submitted my ID card photo, bank number, etc... I don't know what to do. I'm scared that they will be using my information now. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are important security issues for future.  NEVER respond to PayPal emails from your phone when it concerns anything sensitive.

ALWYAYS check and verify PayPal details from your computer.

ALWAYS verify the email sender's address and look beyond the spoofed address.

Check your PayPal account on your computer for any important messages.

Check with your about security of your accounts; if there is serious concern you would need close your bank account and open a new one.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are important security issues for future.  NEVER respond to PayPal emails from your phone when it concerns anything sensitive.

ALWYAYS check and verify PayPal details from your computer.

ALWAYS verify the email sender's address and look beyond the spoofed address.

Check your PayPal account on your computer for any important messages.

Check with your about security of your accounts; if there is serious concern you would need close your bank account and open a new one.

Login to Me Too

naskari
Contributor
Contributor

I have done so already. Thank you for letting me know. Will try to be careful next time... 

Login to Me Too

Junesoaps
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email today, but I didn't open it for the fact, that it didn't look right.  I looked to make sure I didn't have something ordered that would cost $25.00, but I didn't and nothing is on my paypal account.  I thank you for saying something, this way I know this is a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.