Suspected fraudulent charge?

Lightningboltz
New Community Member

So im a gamer, I play games when i want and for how long like normal gamers do but a few weeks ago I was selling a configeration for a game and someone bought it. They paid their 20 dollars and I gave them the configs, everyone was happy, but now I come back and find out they are saying it is a fraudulent charge. I tried to do the *respond* but it only gave me buttons like "Shipping was already processed" or "they recieved shipment" even though the payment wasn't a shipment or business related, it was paid with the "Family and Friends." I am not sure on what to do, I am -20 dollars for something that was completely a lie. The buyer got the config instantly and then used it right then and there.
But in a stroke of unluck...I deleted the conversation not realizing he would do anything like this, so i have no proof I actually gave it to him. I am not sure what to do. I do however know it was not a "Fraudulent Charge" like he says that charge was. What can be done?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lightningboltz
New Community Member

Actually I do have proof he recieved it, right after purchace. I just found it.

Login to Me Too

martin1592
New Community Member

A side note, you should ask for the money to be sent for Goods and services, as you were selling something and it was not a payment that qualifies for "Family and friends". Not only that's the correct way to do it, but it'll help you when problems like this happen.

Login to Me Too

Lightningboltz
New Community Member

Okay I will do this next time. It was him who decided to pay like this though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.