Suing PayPal and taking them to Small Claims Court & Filing BBB complaint

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a buyer an iPhone 6 on eBay
Buyer opens case saying item not described on eBay
Buyer loses case as eBay determines item was as described.

Buyer then opens a case on PayPal
PayPal had technical issues that prevented me from seeing an open case on my resolution center. PayPal acknowledges that I had the technical issue and fixed the issue at the point it was too late.
Since I couldn't see or respond to the case, case automatically closed in buyer's favor. Buyer automatically gets to return the item.
Buyer returned a completely different phone than the one I sold him. He sent me back a broken phone with a different color.

Despite all this PayPal gave the buyer a refund, I now don't have my phone or my money.

I sent all this proof to PayPal and yet they go against me and gave the buyer a refund. I never had a case opened against me before. This is my first dispute ever and PayPal's technical issue and failure caused a mess. PayPal isn't owning up to their mess about the technical issues!

I'm filing in Claims Court (I'm from NYC so we are allowed to sue PayPal here)
Filing a Complaint with the BBB.

Anthing else I should do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TatsuyaHiroki
Contributor
Contributor

Hate to break this to you but BBB is a joke what comes about business rating and solving customer problems

A business rating site that literally lets businesses bribe their way to a good review in itself is not something that i would ever take seriously nor anybody else should.

Login to Me Too

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to say PayPal has owned up to their techincal issues and have given me a full credit. Smiley Very Happy Thanks PayPal, trust restored! 

Login to Me Too

Macuku
Contributor
Contributor

How could you do it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.