Speed up the file a claim process

katklemme
Contributor
Contributor
I started a claim to get my money back on a purchase I made. I have good reason to believe that the website I bought from is fraudulent. I did everything that articles tell you to do to check the authenticity of a website and they all said it's a good website. It was only after I ordered that things started getting suspicious, so I dug even deeper and that's leading me to believe it's fake. I've tried reaching the seller multiple times on my own and through PayPal with no response. PayPal I feel is making me wait too long I feel before anything is done about this and I can't find a way to contact PayPal about my claim to see if they could speed this up since I have reason to believe that I've been scammed. Does anyone know how I can speed this up, cause now I'm waiting for a response from the seller that I know I will never get. And I feel the longer I wait, the less chance I have at getting my money back.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katklemme

Some facts may help.

Have you opened a dispute for non receipt of item?

Have you opened a dispute for item received but not as described?

Have you opened an unauthorised transaction?

Did you do a chargeback?

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

katklemme
Contributor
Contributor
I do believe I said at the very beginning that I had opened a claim to refund my money. And it was for not receiving what I had ordered. Thanks for the reply. Is there anything else that you would like to know?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katklemme

No you did not say you had not received it, you said the site 'may' be fraudulent.

And you didn't say that you opened a dispute for non receipt.

But thats fine, good luck with your claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

katklemme
Contributor
Contributor
Um, yes I did say that I had opened a claim to refund my money. You are right, I didn't say it was for not receiving what I ordered. Thanks for pointing that out. you asked if I had opened a claim, I told you I did, yet all you have to say is good luck. Gee, thanks for your help! If you weren't gonna offer any help, I don't know why you chimed-in in the first place.
Login to Me Too

katklemme
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, you are right, I didn't say I opened a dispute, I said I started a claim. Since you have to start a dispute, before you open a claim, I figured that would be obvious. So, sorry for the mix up.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katklemme

I understood perfectly that it was at the claim 'stage' NOW.

But that was not what I asked you.

I was not interested in if it was at the dispute OR claim stage, I asked when you opened a dispute did you open one for NON RECEIPT OF ITEM.

I wanted to check you had selected the correct option.

You never answered ANY of these questions.

Have you opened a dispute for non receipt of item?

Have you opened a dispute for item received but not as described?

Have you opened an unauthorised transaction?

Did you do a chargeback?

You may well have opened a dispute for not receiving the item but I asked WHICH ONE !!

As you chose to be sarcastic instead of actually replying to the questions I asked you then there was / is little I could do to help, so all I could do was wish you good luck and go help more cooperative posters.

Which I am going back to now so bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.