Paypal account limited?

sashephe
Contributor
Contributor

So earlier today I received an email that said my paypal debit card had been cancelled for security reasons. Then when I went to log into paypal to find out why and I found my account was limited. It's asking for all sorts of stuff (id, proof of shipment, etc). Now, I can provide all that, I'm just wondering why, after 6-7 years doing the same thing (ebay sales), this is occurring now. I thought I had provided all of this stuff when I verified the account the first time.

Anyone have any idea what could have triggered this, and how long it's going to take to resolve? Anything I can do to speed the process along? This is my primary source of income, and I have quite a bit of money tied up in there right now. I also cannot ship items that have sold since this afternoon, since the payments for those items are now locked up in the paypal account. Hell of a situation. Any help will be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sashephe
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently this was routine maintenance. I called the moment they opened, got someone, and they lifted it, despite the only invoice for my inventory being car titles (we part out old cars). Pretty nuts as far as I'm concerned, being locked out of my bank account all day Easter, but hopefully if someone comes across this it can at least save them some stress and headache. Just upload the info and call once you have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.