Sold item collection only, buyer sent courier claims damaged

Handalman1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a tv on eBay, I have pics of it and video putting into box to prove condition is as described. I had a collection only auction as I didn't want to risk courier damage. The winning bidder wanted to collect via courier, I said make sure you have insurance as once it  is collected it is yours and any damage that may be caused will be your responsibility. Buyer said they had insurance, THEIR courier picked up tv. Now the buyer has raised a dispute and said it was broken..... I have explained it's not my responsibility based on the conversation we had already had. Would I be right or can this person really scam me??

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Winning an item not as described dispute on Paypal is not the same as winning it on Ebay,Paypal will ask  her to return the TV set on her dime.

Since she has paid for carrier to pick up the item and now she has to pay someone to return it,she will be paying shipping both ways.

Has it been escalated to PAYPAL review?

You can offer her a partial refund for removing the scratch on the screen or do nothing and let Paypal decide.

If she wins and return the TV set,you would have a scratched TV set which you will resell for less if anyone wants it,if she does not pack properly,it could be damaged in transit.

I would pull her contact information and give her a call,sometimes problems are resolved talking ,not emailing back and forth.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.