Shipped to a different address

EddiYuan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys

So I sold a merchandise to a buyer on Dec 14th, 2017 and the buyer started a dispute just Jan 31th, 2018 saying it was an unauthorized transaction. The thing is the buyer asked me specifically via Instagram messages that he wanted the item shipped to a different address in TX, other than the one that's on his paypal, which is in Mexico. I just responded to the dispute with the tracking number when I sent the item on Dec 14th, but of course, it was to the address in TX. Was I scammed by this person? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You must have proof you have shipped ,notneccessarily delivered to the ADDRESS given by Paypal/

for UA protection.

Login to Me Too

EddiYuan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply! Should I contact the Paypal team to send more of the screenshots between me and the buyer to prove that the buyer asked for me to ship to another address? 

wrote:

You must have proof you have shipped ,notneccessarily delivered to the ADDRESS given by Paypal/

for UA protection.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

robot does not read email or watch video.

you must ship to the address in the payment notice,whatever the buyer tells you does not count.

YOU LOSE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.