Selling something to a new buyer on ebay

msgotago
Contributor
Contributor

I am a little worried right now, After i received payment on an item i sold on Ebay, I quickly packed it right up and took a bunch of pictures (to cover my butt) from packing it up to shipping it out. Because i have read alot about this new thing buyers are doing like rceiving package and  and then cancelling payment. So i of course got tracking and all that stuff.

But my real question is, Her paypal email is unconfirmed, How does that work??

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does the PayPal transaction detail indicate that it's OK to ship?  

Does that page also show seller protection?

Did you check the delivery addres on USPS.com?

Did you check the delivery address on Google?

What did you sell?

If all checks out, then ship.

Login to Me Too

msgotago
Contributor
Contributor

msgotago
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Its says ok to ship. I shipped to the address paypal provided. How can i can tell how she paid?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You accepted the payment with PayPal.  That's all that matters and that's all you need to know.

If you want to exactly how a buyer pays, then  sign up for a merchant account with a company like FirstData.

Login to Me Too

msgotago
Contributor
Contributor

I just worry about all these chargebacks people are talking about. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you read and UNDERSTAND PayPal seller protection policies and then make sure you comply with all of the rules.  PayPal will have you covered for false claims of non-delivery.

Make sure your selling item descriptions and pictures are totally truthful with no chance of buyer confusion so you can avoid a "not as described" dispute.

Furthermore, do not sell any  used elecrtronic, phone, or computer products as they are high risk of disputes.

Login to Me Too

msgotago
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I made sure of that, Took pictures the whole way right up to handing the post man at post office the package. I have used paypal for a long time, Well over 10 years. But this is the first thing i've sold in a while. Now i'm learning the new stuff thats been going on. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAYPAL staff and robot do not watch video or read story book,your video prove nothing as some would make video and then ship an empty box.

insurance is good if your item is broken or stolen,tracking is needed for seller protection,signature confirmation if $750 or over.

On your paypal notice,pay attention to if the item is eligible or part eligible for seller protection and you must  ship to address on the payment notice.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is the buyer who needs pictures before making a purchase.

Pictures after the sale don't matter.  It's the pictures and details you provide to the buyer BEFORE the buyer purchase.

What did you sell?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.