Refund on a nonrefundable deposit (seller agreed to refund, then backed out)

anicole27
Contributor
Contributor
purchased 2 puppies and paid a "nonrefundable deposit" on each. The first we picked up 2 weeks ago and the second would be ready to pick up mid April (from a different litter). After having it the first only a week- we found out our daughter is allergic. She was severely breaking out in hives any time she came into contact with the dog. I contacted the breeder on Sunday and told her of what was going on, she stated "doesn't believe in allergies and everyone always wants to blame the dog", but agreed to refund my deposit today, because we let her know 3 weeks before pick up and she still had several people interested in dogs and could easily sell this dog. Here is our conversations over the week. I only contacted her twice, but once she flipped out on me I didn't respond" my question is, since she agreed to refund the money and I have proof, and since I didn't recover the dog and contacted her wayyy prior to pick up, can I open a claim With PayPal to refund this money even if the invoice stated it was a "nonrefundable deposit". I really do not want to deal with this woman one on one anymore due to her rudeness, unprofessionalism and crazy replies. She doesn't make sense. I know I may have to take a miss on this deposit, but she did agree to refund me. I don't think I was rude to her, and I only Contacted her two times after waiting several days. I'm just st a loss of what to do. She won't be missing out on money as she clearly stated she could still sell the dog. Tuesday Me: "Hi there! I was wondering if you are sending an invoice with the return payment for the deposit, or how that works since it's through PayPal" Wednesday seller: "Yes I am just gone me a day or so I'm really busy". Thursday me (I orgot to respond the same day): "Thank you". Saturday me: "Hello Norma, I did not receive the invoice yet for the return deposit. Was just reminding you because it probably slipped your mind, I know you're very busy." Saturday (2 mins later) seller: "Give me a chance I already told you I was gonna return it, you don't have to remind me every day" Me: "I haven't reminded you everyday, I inquired about how the return payment process works on Tuesday since it was through PayPal, and The last time we spoke was Wednesday morning and you said give me a day- I assumed you forgot as today is Saturday which is why I was inquiring. As stated above, I know and understand you are busy. I also apologize for contacting and disturbing you, but I did fall today and fracture my ankle leaving me with a hefty hospital bill. I am a little stressed with my finances" Seller: "Ok I dont have access. I'm as a courtesy returning your deposit. I was a soldier for 30 years, you think I believe everything you say." Me: "sent a picture of my fractured casted foot" Seller: "what is that???" Me: "That is my foot, I fell down my stairs this morning and fractured it. That's fine, and I do know that you are returning my deposit as a courtesy which is much appreciated. As I said, I was only inquiring as I hadn't spoken with you since Wednesday." Seller: "What does my puppy have to do with your feet? I already tried to send it and I can't do it with my phone, please stop I'll do it when I can. I'm not reading your texts you are eating my time"
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Duplicate post.  Response in other thread.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Duplicate post.  Response in other thread.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.