Paypals amazing ability to 'carefully consider' issues within seconds

Alan121
New Community Member

After providing consulting services to a client, they decided three months later to get a refund for those services, except they told paypal that I was providing 'items' which I never did. 

So paypal asked me to provide proof of delivery in the form of a 'UPS number etcc..)

Having no other option - I entered 'other' and messaged them saying it was not a physical item. 

Within seconds - I received a message stating that after 'careful consideration' Paypal has sided with the client and refunded money from my account. 

First of all they did not consider anything - as they did not receive any information - secondly they did not provide any way for me to dispute the issue. 

I plan on phoning tomorrow - If paypal thinks I am paying for this they are incorrect. 

I will also be closing my paypal account and recommending others to do so.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can try appealing,stating you rpovide service ,not goods,but you would need strong evidence that you indeed provide service,like you built them a website and here is the website address.

or you represent them in court and here is the court documents with your name and their case number.

or yu did their income tax return and here is a copy to IRS

just service is hard to win the case.

Paypal is not a good payment method for consulting,dry wall,plumbing,digital download,oil rig,london bridge.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.