PayPal Promoting scam

KarimPolska
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

Long story short, I bought an item from eBay and paid through PayPal due to the Purchase protection myth. The seller is a scammer and his account was suspended on eBay the next day after the payment. Though, he marked the item as sent and placed a tracking number. When I checked the tracking number I found out that the parcel was sent 4 days before I even thought of buying that item, how did he know that I will buy from him, how did he know my address?

I kept tracking the parcel and finally it arrived to Poland and was sent to another city 330km away of my city. I called the carrier and I got to know that the  item is not even in my name and it was marked as delivered. I then realized that the item was never sent to me, and the seller just put an old tracking number to circumvent PayPal. When I opened a dispute on PayPal, it was rejected right away after 3 minutes. It's just an automated process and when the system sees that the parcel is delivered, no matter what I say my claim gets rejected automatically. The tracking number is LF312614004CN. 

Basically, everyone can sell on eBay and just put a tracking number of any other item that will eventually be delivered, and no one will protect the seller. Why is it that easy to scam people through PayPal, I cannot even open a dispute on eBay because they say that PayPal marked my claim as invalid. Why does PayPal protect scammers, is PayPal benefiting from these scams or are they involved it it. I'm thinking of taking PayPal to court as I have all the evidence. I will also report this fake customer protection to the media so that everyone knows that PayPal are just thieves, 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KarimPolska

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then do a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KarimPolska
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. How can I do a Chargeback?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KarimPolska

Give your card issuer a call or if you have online banking go to your card issuers site and query the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.