PayPal Invoice Dispute, Package possibly stolen, am I protected as a seller?

Holmesmgj
Contributor
Contributor
I shipped a package, videoed me doing it, and shipped to the buyer. The buyer claims that it was never delivered to them, and I've already confirmed that I shipped it to the correct address. This leads me to believe that the package was either stolen, misplaced, or the buyer is filing a false dispute. In any case, am I liable to give a chargeback if it's escalated to claim? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
OK, if it does show Delivered and you have shipping documents to prove that you shipped to the exact address PayPal gave you when buyer paid, then there should be no problem. Buyer might try chargebacking, but if you upload the tracking info which shows delivered and also upload scans of the shipping documents PayPal's seller protection should protect you against chargeback, however, if the item was valued atleast 750USD then shipping with signature option is also required, otherwise "Delivered" and documents should be enough.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately if the tracking does not show "Delivered" you are in trouble, no matter if you did everything correctly.

You should try to contact the shipping company you used and explain.

Login to Me Too

Holmesmgj
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking number does show it as delivered, and I've confirmed it was shipped to the correct address. Does that change the situation?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dont waste your time making movie,it means nothing when it comes to proof .

online viewable tracking number to the buyer address ,status delivered is what counds for seller protection.

if you have one,upload it,if not,you lose.

Login to Me Too

Holmesmgj
Contributor
Contributor
Already have it uploaded, and it does show delivered. Would that mean I'm good? Also thank you for your help
Login to Me Too
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
OK, if it does show Delivered and you have shipping documents to prove that you shipped to the exact address PayPal gave you when buyer paid, then there should be no problem. Buyer might try chargebacking, but if you upload the tracking info which shows delivered and also upload scans of the shipping documents PayPal's seller protection should protect you against chargeback, however, if the item was valued atleast 750USD then shipping with signature option is also required, otherwise "Delivered" and documents should be enough.
Login to Me Too

Holmesmgj
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, item was worth about $150 so I should be fine according to this. I have the shipping info uploaded and I can scan the receipt as well. Greatly appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.