Paypal denied my claim against obvious scam, help.

derbergenmann
Contributor
Contributor

So I fell for a scam for a GPU on ebay and now I'm out $405. The seller claimed to be in Los Angeles, informed me they moved from Germany and left the GPU in Germany and would have their dad send it to me. Ok not much I can do at this point since I've paid already. Tracked the shipment on DHL and it showed it leaving Shanghai and that it was .017lbs which is so far from the actual weight that it's humorous. Ebay tracking said delivered, didn't get the package. Called the post office and they said it was delivered to a completely different address. Get the package from the address and it's completely empty. I gave all of this information to PayPal and they denied the claim as "Item was accurately described, we are unable to refund for buyer's remorse." This is absolutely flagrant fraud and its as if they did not even read the information I submitted in my claim. I originally had the claim as "Item not received but that was denied so I then changed it to Item not as described."

I'm now out $405 and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I'm a student and that was hard earned money that I had been saving for months. Is there any pathway I can go down to get a refund as I have 100% proof that everything I've stated above is true. I have photographic proof. How in the world could PayPal possibly deny a claim with such obvious evidence of fraud and such bulletproof evidence? Do I have the possibility of legal action as I am guaranteed a refund as per their policy and they did not abide by their policy when presented with clear evidence?

I would just eat the loss if I wasn't a broke student that spent some of his savings. If it were less than $100 I would just take my loss but this is $405.

Is this common for paypal to just deny logical, well backed and defended claims?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@derbergenmann

If you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and open a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bugmyday121
Contributor
Contributor

try to file a appeal, call and explain them everything talk to supervisor, try to get weight proof from dhl and submit all evidence to paypal, if they still dont approve then file a chargeback from card and submit a complain to Better business bureau, tbh paypal really dont care about the buyer they just want their profit they closed my friend business and now he is in huge debt i just hope paypal CEO face karma soon and will be bankrupt Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.