No paypal buyer protection

Karl_T
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a $1000 part a bit over a month ago...  After two weeks, I opened a dispute for non delivery. After four weeks, I submitted a claim for non delivery. Paypal agreed with my claim.

Now, I get a message from Paypal saying there are no funds in this vendor's account. I got scammed, I'm betting there never will be any funds there.  Am I **bleep**? or will paypal stand behing my claim?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karl_T

As i asked you right at the beginning is the claim closed or still ongoing?????

Others are answering you as if the claim is closed but you have not actually confirmed that yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karl_T
Contributor
Contributor

Here's status clipped from paypal

"Status

This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a $1,000.00 USD refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed."

What REALLY concernes me is this form letter email I got from Paypal

Title is delay in echeck payment

"Hello Julie XXXXX ,

An eCheck payment from Kits Limited Inc. was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

eCheck details:

Amount: $1,000.00 USD "

I'm not shipping, I'm trying to get a refund.

Karl

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karl_T

Sounds as if someone just pressed the wrong option. 

But if PayPal found in your favour then it sounds as if they are trying to get the money from the seller first. 

But if that doesn't work then PayPal would foot the bill. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Karl_T wrote:

Here's status clipped from paypal

"Status

This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a $1,000.00 USD refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed."

What REALLY concernes me is this form letter email I got from Paypal

Title is delay in echeck payment

"Hello Julie XXXXX ,

An eCheck payment from Kits Limited Inc. was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

eCheck details:

Amount: $1,000.00 USD "

I'm not shipping, I'm trying to get a refund.

Karl

It looks like Paypal first told you your seller has no money in his Paypal account to refund you,then Paypal tried to grab that money from his bank account in the form of an e check,but he does not have enough fund ,now PAYPAL is going to make another attempt and give up.

SELLER bank could charge Paypal or rather your seller NSF fee for insufficient fund,no different than your seller writing rubber check.

So your poor seller will see NSF fee in his bank account. 

When PAYPAL fails to get that $1k from him,then it would give you that $1k from its own pocket.

Your seller Paypal account would be dinged with a negative 1000 balance,if he ever use his account to accept payment,it would be used to reduce that -1000,not your business.

so make sure Paypal gives you back your 1000 dollars.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme

Yep which is what i said.

But if PayPal found in your favour then it sounds as if they are trying to get the money from the seller first. 

But if that doesn't work then PayPal would foot the bill. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

These days NSF fee is 45 dollars ,so when Paypal attempts twice to withdraw $1000,the seller could end up paying NSF twice. 

Login to Me Too

Karl_T
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for all the advice. Sounds like I just need to wait a while, no big deal.

I've not experienced this before, nor do i know of anyone else that has.

Karl

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karl_T

Let us know when its sorted.

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Karl_T
Contributor
Contributor

GREAT NEWS for me anyway.

Paypal covered for this scam artist. They (paypal) are out the $1000.

This is my understanding of Paypal's policy:

After making a claim, Paypal tries for ten days to collect from the vendor while the customer waits. If no satisfaction after this period, paypal pays the claim to the customer.  I'm SURE they continue to try to collect from the vendor.

Karl

Login to Me Too

Dc93

I am very happy for you but I will not be scammed by this woman so PayPal can pay her if they want to but I am not. She isn't claiming I sent her the wrong item and I did not and it is her word against mine!!! I am so frustrated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.