Need help

Kamile
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I need help. I dont know what to do. I wanted to sold a camera. One women named Tracey Smith wrote me on gmail that she wants to buy it but i have to first send money via moneygram to her currier which is in Nigeria and named Folawe Mobolade and then will money go to my account. I have sent her my PayPal details. I get in to my gmail details i have followed the instructions as it said that i have to send another one £290 because there was a mistake. So i have sent. But now i got the messages that i have to sent another one £510. Now i have found that it is fake PayPal accounts. What i have to do now? Help me please
Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It is a scam.  Do not pay anymore money!  You are the seller, you do not pay.  You get paid.  There is nothing you can do but report it to your local authorities' cyber crimes unit.  There is no refund with money gram.  Since there is no money send to you at PayPal, PayPal cannot do anything about it.  And who would they do it to when there is no transaction record in their system.

PayPal will not ask you to pay with a competitor money processor. PayPal will not ask you to send money first in order for you to receive a payment.  Do not let buyers arrange shipping or courier.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Gaby17
New Community Member

Hi Kamile,

unfortunately you've been scammed, I'm very sorry.

I'm selling a bike in Gumtree at the moment and I received an email asking for my paypal email, then today I received a similar email like yours, saying to send £290 via Money gram, which I didn't do because as soon as I seen country Nigeria, I new was a scam.

I got as well a notification of payment that looks like paypal but is fake and went straight into my Spam email box. 

Report is the only thing you can do.

All the best.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeh, do not lift a finger until you see payment reflected in your actual PayPal account. Anything else is hot air.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It is a scam.  Do not pay anymore money!  You are the seller, you do not pay.  You get paid.  There is nothing you can do but report it to your local authorities' cyber crimes unit.  There is no refund with money gram.  Since there is no money send to you at PayPal, PayPal cannot do anything about it.  And who would they do it to when there is no transaction record in their system.

PayPal will not ask you to pay with a competitor money processor. PayPal will not ask you to send money first in order for you to receive a payment.  Do not let buyers arrange shipping or courier.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Gaby17
New Community Member

Hi Kamile,

unfortunately you've been scammed, I'm very sorry.

I'm selling a bike in Gumtree at the moment and I received an email asking for my paypal email, then today I received a similar email like yours, saying to send £290 via Money gram, which I didn't do because as soon as I seen country Nigeria, I new was a scam.

I got as well a notification of payment that looks like paypal but is fake and went straight into my Spam email box. 

Report is the only thing you can do.

All the best.

Login to Me Too

Kamile
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeh, do not lift a finger until you see payment reflected in your actual PayPal account. Anything else is hot air.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.