Local item, pick up only payment

Coren66
New Community Member
I am purchasing a local pick up item. The seller is kind enough to drop it off. They want me to pay for it now, via buy it now and say that the money will be held by paypal until I advise the item has been delivered. I am using my phone and do not find any info confirming the buy it now, local delivery will hold the funds til item is picked up and in my case, delivered. Does anyone know if i buy it now, the funds are held until delivery is made?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal requires online tracking with the delivery service.  PayPal may hold funds for various reasons and PayPal may also release funds without tracking.  It is the tracking number which matters, not what advise PayPal.

You need to make sure you pay as goods/services.  If you pay as family/friends/gift then you will surely get nothing.

When you pay as goods services you can claim non-delivery and get a refund if the seller does not provide online tracking.

My guess is that the seller is very savvy, experienced, and knowledgeable about PayPal policies and will try to take advantage of lack of knowledge and experience with PayPal.

Make sure really understand the risks involved with the purchase from a stranger.  You should get the seller's phone number and ask the seller for more details.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations

My guess is that the seller is very savvy, experienced, and knowledgeable about PayPal policies and will try to take advantage of lack of knowledge and experience with PayPal.

-----------

either he intends to take the money and run and never use Paypal again or he is ignorant how Paypal works-if he deliveres the item himself,there is no online viewable tracking to prove he has delivered.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

depends on the seller,Paypal could withhold the fund up to 21 days,or 3 days after DC shows delivered or none of the above.

I never have any hold and I can transfer money from Paypal to bank anytime but I have been with Paypal a long time.

but with local pickup and you said he is going to deliver,so he will have no tracking to upload.

why does he want to accept paypal as you can always file item, not received and he cant prove it,someone delivered a 48 inches tv set toa buyer who said I dont have enough cash,can I pay with Paypal,he said yes.

when he gets home,he has a dispute of item not received. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.